Doors by Ike began as Dixon Doors, which was founded by William J. Dixon and Robert "Ike" Eichenlaub. William Dixon was a general contractor who specialized in concrete work and garage doors. Ike expressed a greater interest in the garage door division of the company.
Within three years, the company grew so fast that the name was changed to "Dixon Doors by Ike." In February of 1995, Ike bought out William Dixon and formed "Doors by Ike." Ike's mission after establishing Doors by Ike was to offer the consumer top quality garage door products, service, and installation unequaled by "Big Box Stores," service franchises and those who would rather deliver quantity instead of quality. Ike believes that by offering the best customer experience possible, American made products, employing a knowledgeable and qualified staff, and being a company that takes care of its people is why we have experienced steady growth.
1990 - Ike's vision of owning and operating his own garage door business begins after leaving a local competitor.
1990 - Robert "Ike" Eichenlaub and William Dixon partner to form Dixon Doors.
1990 - The first service and installation vehicle is purchased.
1990 - Liftmaster is added as the exclusive supplier of garage door openers.
1993 - Dixon Doors changes its name to Dixon Doors by Ike.
1994 - The Consumer Product Safety Commission enacts UL325, which requires garage door systems to have both electronic and mechanical safety devices.
1995 - Ike buys out William Dixon and changes the name to Doors by Ike.
1995 - Doors by Ike becomes an authorized dealer for Clopay.
1999 - Doors by Ike adds it's second service and installation vehicle.
2000 to 2006 - Doors by Ike doubles its fleet size and begins construction on the home office in Bridgewater, Pennsylvania.
2005 - Doors by Ike becomes a member in good standing of the International Door Association.
2009 - Doors by Ike experiences its first "down" year since 1995.
2010 - Growth in all phases of the business rebounds from the previous year's downturn.
February 2010 - Doors by Ike contracts local internet and broadcast imaging consultant Mike Anderson to redesign the original website.
July 31st, 2010 - The newly redesigned doorsbyike.com web site is launched.
October 2010-Ike employs his daughter, Rachel to work in the Doors by Ike office.
2018 - Doors by Ike celebrates 25 years in business.
2023-Doors by Ike celebrates 30 years in business.
Please contact us if you cannot find an answer to your question.
You can schedule an estimate by calling us at 724-775-7631 or use our "Contact Us" form on our web site. We normally give estimates onsite between the hours of 8:00am amd 4:30PM Monday through Friday. Saturday and after hours estimates are by appointment only.
There are quite a few factors, so we'll give you the most common.
1. First, you'll want to consider curb appeal and value. What this means is that your garage door has a substantial impact on the overall look of your home, business or service, especially if the door faces the street. It can have an impact on increasing the asking price of your home, business or service if you are considering selling. Most realtors will suggest a garage door replacement prior to listing the property for sale.
2. Secondly, like everything, budget dictates options. Again, we'll work with you so you can have the best possible garage door system for the price.
3. Design plays an important role. Your existing windows, entry doors and other exterior features can influence the design of your garage door.
4. Energy Efficiency. If you have an attached garage, you'll want to purchase an insulated door, especially if you have a living space above the garage. An insulated door will help your overall energy consumption and block out noise. If you have a detached garage and it's only used for parking vehicles, a non-insulated door is an economical choice.
5. Interestingly enough, your lifestyle is another factor. If you have a workshop in the garage, children, heating the garage in the winter or cooling it in the summer, it's recommended that you purchase a durable insulated door in order to maintain a comfortable temperature. Doors by Ike installs the proper seals on the bottom, top and sides to prevent drafts from entering your home when the door is closed. This will make sure your floors above the garage are warmer or cooler depending on the season.
6. Materials. The most common of these are wood, steel, or composite materials. Obviously, wood has its own look but exposure to the elements would mean more maintenance. Steel doors offer the most as far as insulation, price options and finishes. Composite doors, which are normally a steel door, use overlays that require little maintenance and are an excellent alternative to a wood door. The "Green Door", which is normally steel, is "Eco-Friendly" and minimizes environmental impact.
Thankfully, our lead times have returned back to what they were pre-2020. On average, an order takes 2-4 weeks to be delivered to us. After that, we call you to schedule your installation.
First, we do not believe in taking shortcuts to get the job done, hence our "We Do It Right" slogan. Secondly, we believe that the job should be done to your satisfaction. After all, you're paying the bill and we work for you. Additionally, our callback rate is virtually non-existent and most service calls on our products come nearly 7 years after the new installation is completed. Being a family-owned business, we put our name on our work every day.
Yes, our licensed contractor number is 050541.